The vast majority of New Jersey women are born with some degree of asymmetrical or misshapen breasts. Some of these women also have naturally large breasts that they simply don’t want, either due to the back, neck and shoulder pain they cause, or the unwanted attention they bring. Many of these women with large natural breasts seek out Dr. Comizio for a breast reduction. And, when they come into Dr. Comizio’s office for a consultation, they’re looking to both reduce the size of their breasts, and also to get the shape, symmetry, and aesthetics they’ve always desired.
Reshaping the Breasts Via Breast Reduction
Some New Jersey women think a breast reconstruction simply means eliminating tissue from the breast. That just isn’t the case. Dr. Comizio’s goal in a breast reconstruction surgery isn’t merely to give you a certain desired cup size, but she also wants to provide you with the shape, contour, and silhouette you’ve always wanted. Depending on your unique case, Dr. Comizio may use a number of different techniques to achieve your requested results, including:
- Making either one or multiple incisions on your breast skin to access your breast tissue;
- Removing excess breast tissue and skin;
- Performing liposuction to recontour and reshape your breasts; and
- Repositioning the nipple to a more appealing, natural looking location.
Because every New Jersey breast reduction patient is unique, there is no one-size-fits-all formula for this procedure. Your breast reduction plan will depend on your particular anatomy, your natural breast size, your expectations for how they should appear on your frame, and your wishes for your breast shape and contour.
Recovering from Breast Reduction Surgery
While breast reconstruction is typically an outpatient procedure performed at a New Jersey surgical center, certain recovery instructions must be followed. These include:
- Arranging for a ride home on the day of your surgery, as you will not be able to drive yourself home due to the anesthesia you will receive during your surgery;
- Taking about 2 weeks off of work or school so you can have adequate rest time at home after your procedure;
- Taking your pain medication exactly as prescribed;
- Wearing the surgical bra that Dr. Comizio gives you all day long to reduce swelling until she tells you otherwise;
- Abstaining from smoking, as tobacco use can complicate your healing process (and the breast reduction surgery, too).
What You Can Expect During Your Consultation with Dr. Comizio
Dr. Comizio takes special attention and effort to ensure that all of her plastic surgery patients are as informed about their potential procedures as possible. When you come into Dr. Comizio’s office for a breast reduction consultation, she will listen to your complaints and concerns. If pain is one of the reasons you desire a breast reduction, she may even be able to work with your insurance company to have the procedure covered.
After listening to your grievances and desires, Dr. Comizio will examine your breasts and come up with a personalized treatment plan that suits your needs. She will explain what procedures she recommends, and answer any questions you may have.
To schedule a consultation with Dr. Comizio, call (973) 775-9248 today.