Over the last decade, breast augmentation technology has seen some incredible advances. Women are now able to get more natural-looking results than ever before. This could be one of the reasons why the most popular cosmetic procedure in the world is breast augmentation. New Jersey women should also know that while breast implant technology has greatly improved, one of the most critical factors that determine the quality and longevity of your breast implants is the surgeon.
That’s exactly why Dr. Comizio is quickly becoming one of the most “in demand” surgeons in the entire state. She is a board-certified plastic surgeon whose precision, compassion for her New Jersey patients, and efficiency has helped to change the lives of thousands of women. If you’re ready to get the breasts of your dreams or if you want to correct tuberous or asymmetrical breasts, make sure that you call us today at (973) 775-9248.
How to Get Started with Dr. Comizio
When you call us, you’ll get to talk with one of our friendly, welcoming, and highly-trained staff. We love hearing from potential new patients, and we love answering questions and talking with you about any concerns you might have.
The next step is to get you into our office to meet with Dr. Comizio for a preliminary consultation. During this consultation, Dr. Comizio will get to know you and find out more about your goals for your breast augmentation. New Jersey patients will get the chance to talk about their medical history as well.
During the consultation, Dr. Comizio may also perform an examination and let you try on some implant sizers to give you a better idea of how your results might look. All of the information you discuss with Dr. Comizio during this consultation will be used as we develop your customized treatment plan. Dr. Comizio will use this plan to guide her during the procedure to make sure you get the results you want.
Below we’ve outlined a few of the key decisions that you’ll have to process as you move forward with the breast augmentation process.
What is Breast Augmentation?
New Jersey women who are unhappy with the size or shape of their breasts can increase the fullness, youthfulness, and size of their breasts with an augmentation procedure. However, for women with sagging breasts, a breast lift may be more appropriate.
Breast Implant Type and Size
Most patients in New Jersey start by determining the size and type of implant that they want. This is one of the most exciting parts of the process as you get to visualize exactly how you want your breasts to look.
Types of Breast Implants
Women now have more choices than ever before when it comes to the type of implant they get.
- Saline implants – While saline implants may have become less popular over the last few years, they still offer some incredible advantages. First, they require a much smaller incision because they are inserted deflated, and then inflated later. Plus, if they leak, you will notice almost immediately without having to get an MRI, as with silicone.
- Silicone implants – These implants are referred to as “4th generation.” They have a silicone shell and are filled with a silicone gel that is similar to a thick paste. These implants will produce less “rippling” along the sides of the implant than saline.
- Cohesive silicone gel – Often called “gummy bear” implants, these became available in 2012 and have become a popular choice for women. This implant is made from a silicone gel that is similar to gummy bears.
Breast Implant Size
The size of your implants is usually based on personal preference. Dr. Comizio can talk with you about which size is best for your body type. Also, there may be some limitations on the size you can get if you don’t have sufficient breast tissue. Again, this is something that Dr. Comizio will discuss with each patient individually.
The Incision for Breast Augmentation
New Jersey women will also need to decide where they want the incision for their breast augmentation. There are a few different options, and Dr. Comizio will carefully discuss each one with you during your consultations.
- Inframammary – This incision is hidden underneath the fold at the bottom of the breast (the inframammary fold). The incision usually rests underneath the bra, so it is not easily seen. This is the most popular incision and carries the least amount of risk of nipple sensory loss.
- Transaxillary – With this option, the incision is made in the armpit. The primary benefit of this incision is that it is rarely noticed.
- Periareolar – This incision goes around the bottom of the areola.
Two issues for New Jersey women as they decide on their incision are the scar placement and whether or not they want to breastfeed in the future. Again, Dr. Comizio is your guide and resource through the whole process, and she can help you with any questions you might have.
The Breast Augmentation Procedure and Recovery
The procedure for breast augmentation is done in an outpatient center. Patients will be under general anesthesia during the entire operation. After your procedure, you will need someone to drive you home as the effects of the anesthesia wear off.
But before you leave, Dr. Comizio will give you all of the post-operative care instructions you need. You should expect to feel pain in your chest for the first week or so, and Dr. Comizio will prescribe pain medication for that. Some patients can return to work after a week. But you should be doing no heavy lifting or strenuous activity for some time afterward.
We know that this is a big decision for New Jersey women, but we would love to be part of this incredible journey with you. If you’re ready to get the breasts you’ve always wanted and to finally fit into those outfits, bathing suits, and bras you’ve dreamed of, then call us today at (973) 775-9248.