There are many reasons why women desire breast enhancement: their aesthetic goals, restoring the size and shape of breasts after childbirth or weight loss, or simply filling out a dress. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Renee Comizio will listen to you, understand your goals and allow you to make the right decision to help you look and feel your best.
During your consultation, she will discuss with you the differences between saline and silicone implants, available shapes and size, and the profile that will give you the results that you want. As a woman, Dr. Comizio can relate to your needs and reasons for choosing breast augmentation on a personal level. She is dedicated to guiding you through every step of the process and empowering you with the information needed to make the right choice.
What Conditions Can a Breast Augmentation Correct?
A variety of conditions compel women to seek out breast augmentation. These issues are related to genetic predispositions, medical conditions, and the impact of physical appearance on self-esteem. Dr. Comizio will work with you to find a solution to concerns such as:
- Feeling that your breasts are not the right size for you
- Lost breast volume due to pregnancy or nursing
- Tubular Breasts
- Breast Asymmetry
- Implant-Related Problems
The most important aspect of breast augmentation is strengthening your self-image by helping you look the way you feel.
Choosing the Right Breast Implants
Finding the right cup size is an important goal for most women, and Dr. Comizio supports your goals by giving Morristown patients honest advice about what’s possible based on your:
- Frame: The same bra size can look very different based on whether you have a small, medium, or large frame. Dr. Comizio will help you narrow choices down to a range of sizes that suit your body.
- Age: Finding the right breast implants depends on how your current breast tissue looks and will respond to an implant. Compared to a patient in her early 20s, a woman in her 30s or 40s may have more drooping and need a different style of implant to lift and shape her breasts. Some Morristown patients may even need to combine a breast lift with their breast augmentation to correct sagging and achieve the results that they want.
- Chest Measurements: The base width of your breasts (width of your underwire) is your body’s guideline for the size of your implants. Women who attempt to go larger than fits their chest put themselves at higher risk for complications from surgery.
- Height and Weight: The right balance between your breasts and other physical features depends on your body type. Some women with curvy hips and small breasts feel proportional with fuller breasts that match their other curves.
Dr. Comizio encourages Morristown patients to try the rice baggy test by trying on a bra in their goal bra size and filling the cups to get a rough idea of how the implants will look after surgery. Although this is a rough estimate, it will help you get a sense of your new size.
“My experience was outstanding. Dr Comizio is the definition of outstanding. Not only did she exceed my expectations, she provided the most professional quality care from the day I met her at my first appointment until now…” – Click Here To Read More Reviews
What Are My Breast Implant Choices?
Every woman has different goals for her breast augmentation. You may want to change the shape of your breasts, add more cleavage, or fill volume in a particular area. During your consultation, Dr. Comizio will show you photos of women that match your body type and age to give you an idea of how different implant styles appear. By the end of the consultation, you will be confident in your choice of implants and be well-informed of the risks and benefits of surgery.
What Will Happen During My Breast Augmentation?
On the day of your breast augmentation, Dr. Comizio will meet you at an outpatient surgery center or hospital. Once general anesthesia has been administered, she will:
- Make an incision, most likely in the inframammary fold (under the breast).
- Enlarge the breast pocket to comfortably and securely fit the implant. This prevents your implants from shifting after surgery.
- Place the implant, usually under the muscle (submuscular) to achieve a more natural appearance.
- Close the incision with sutures and apply a waterproof dressing.
Morristown patients will be able to return home on the same day as surgery. You should arrange for someone to pick you up from the hospital and stay with you for the first 24 hours after surgery.
Recovering from Breast Augmentation
Remember that breast augmentation is an involved surgical procedure and you will need at least a week to get through the initial phase of healing. Women who work should plan to take time off, and women who stay at home will need at least a few weeks of restricted activities. Although rare, there are some risks associated with surgery such as infection, bleeding, numbness, delayed healing, and implant related problems. Dr. Comizio will review the likelihood of these risks during your consultation and inform you on how best to recover from surgery.
To schedule your breast augmentation consultation, call our Morristown location at 973.775.9248.