No woman wants to acknowledge that her plastic surgery turned a procedure filled with hope and expectation into a result she has a hard time living with. While many Morristown, New Jersey patients are reluctant to come in for another surgical procedure, a breast revision can help you look the way you want without compromising what you want.
Breast revision surgery takes many forms, but can include:
- Revising breast reconstruction after cancer.
- Increasing symmetry after breast cancer surgery by augmenting or reducing the unaffected breast.
- Revising breast augmentation results.
- Revising breast reduction results.
Dr. Renee Comizio is a board-certified plastic surgeon named one of New Jersey’s best doctors for her exceptional technique and patient care. She specializes in cosmetic and reconstructive breast procedures that enhance a woman’s outward appearance to reflect her inner beauty. Dr. Comizio trained at Dartmouth and Harvard, adopting a shared decision-making model to provide the best surgical care for her patients.
What Will Breast Revision Fix?
Some of the most common reasons that Morristown, New Jersey patients decide to undergo a breast revision are:
- Capsular contracture: A condition that causes scar tissue to grow around the implant and show through your skin.
- Size: Finding the right implant to fit your body is challenging and you may decide that the result is larger or smaller than you had hoped. In some cases, women lose or gain weight and rethink the size of their breasts with respect to their new body.
- Leaking: More problematic and noticeable with saline implants which cause the breast to deflate visibly, implants that leak should be replaced to avoid additional complications and restore your appearance.
- Shifting: Often caused by a misjudgment of the size of breast pocket needed to fit the implant, implants may shift out of place and look out of place. This is more common with anatomical (gummy bear) implants because they mimic the natural breast, which is wider on the bottom.
- Aging: Even after breast augmentation, your breasts will continue to change shape as you grow older. Many women come in for a breast revision to reshape their previous augmentation after ten, fifteen, or even twenty years.
While these problems are relatively rare, Morristown, New Jersey patients can avoid a higher risk of complications by selecting an experienced and board-certified plastic surgeon.
“Love Dr. Comizio and her Staff. From day one, Dr. Comizio was so easy to talk to and down to earth. I didnt feel like a patient, I felt like a friend….” – Click Here To Read More Reviews
How Is Breast Revision Evaluated?
Dr. Comizio understands that most women in New Jersey are reluctant to entrust another plastic surgeon with their breast revision. She has developed a comprehensive exam and communication style to help you understand your options for revision. Dr. Comizio is sensitive to the fact that her patients may feel insecure or embarrassed about the appearance of their breasts. She does everything possible to ensure that they are comfortable and secure before, during, and after their procedure.
How Will My Breast Revision Be Performed?
Although breast revision may seem daunting, a secondary procedure can often create the symmetry, size, and shape that was lacking after your initial breast surgery. Depending on the results of your consultation, Dr. Comizio will make different suggestions for treatment such as:
- Fat grafting: A minimally invasive procedure that transfers fat from one area of the body to another. Dr. Comizio uses fat grafting to change the contour of your breasts.
- Adjusting the size of the breast pocket: Shifting or implant rotation is a common problem that arises when the implant is not securely placed in the breast pocket. Breast revision surgery may require the enlargement or suturing of the breast pocket to prevent the implant from moving out of place.
- Replacing implants: Morristown, New Jersey patients may want to replace their implants for a variety of reasons such as exchanging size, type of implant, or simply replacing older breast implants with newer ones.
Each breast revision surgery calls for a different approach depending on the anatomy and expectations of each patient. During your consultation, Dr. Comizio will help you through this difficult process, supporting you every step of the way.